Programme revision (O-084 was newly added on Oct 12.)
Outline of schedule
(day of the week)
|opening, oral session||oral session||poster session|
|oral session||oral session||poster session|
|oral session||oral session, closing|
The ending time has to be delayed by 2.5 hours on Oct. 13 because of more oral presentations than expected.
The registration desk will open at 15:00 on 9 October (Monday) on the first floor of Tsukuba International Congress Center. Participants will receive a name tag, a receipt of the registration fee, an abstract book, a bag, and so on. Participants should always carry the name tag on their chest during the Symposium.
Oral and poster presentations
For oral presentation:
- Keynote lecture has 21 min, including 1-min introduction by a chair, 16-min presentation, and 4-min discussion. General presentation has 12 min, including 9-min presentation and 3-min discussion.
- Speakers are strongly recommended to bring their own computer. Besides, for fear that speaker's computer does not work well for projection, they are also asked to bring a USB memory stick stored with their presentation file edited by PowerPoint or its pdf file. A PC (Windows) of the Organizing Committee is available only when the speaker's computer happens to have some trouble. In case that the speaker's computer is a Mac, please bring an adapter between the computer and the projector. Speakers should check the projection during break time before their session starts.
For poster presentation:
- Poster panel size: 90W x 210H cm
- Odd numbers: October 10, 19:00-21:00 (19:30-20:30 discussion time)
Even number: October 11, 19:00-21:00 (19:30-20:30 discussion time)
- Posters should be put on the panel before the start of the afternoon session (Session 3) on 10 October, and put off around 17:00 on October 12.
- To be held during 18:00 – 20:00 on 9 October at the restaurant “Espoir” on the 1st floor of Tsukuba International Congress Center.
- Registration fee includes welcome party fee.
- To be held during 19:00 – 21:00 on 12 October on the basement of Annex of Okura Frontier Hotel Tsukuba near Bus Terminal or Tsukuba Express Station.
- Sit-down buffet style dinner
- Registration fee includes banquet fee.
- The chartered bus with an English-speaking guide will start at 12:30 on 12 October at the entrance of Tsukuba International Congress Center.
Meeting time: 12:15
- The bus will visit three places, downtown of Tokyo, including Asakusa area, Tokyo Skytree Tower and Ginza (Mikimoto).
- The bus will return directly to the banquet site, Annex of Okura Frontier Hotel Tsukuba, by 19:00.
- Registration fee does not include half-day tour fee (10,000 yen/person).
- Lunch box and tea will be served free of charge every day from 10 October to 13 October.
Invited Keynote Speakers:
- Hermann Ehrlich (Technische Universitӓt Bergakademie Freiberg, Germany)
- Daniel J. Jackson (Georg-August University of Göttingen, Germany)
- Derk Joester (Northwestern University, USA)
- Kazuhiko Kawasaki (Pennsylvania State University, USA)
- David Kisailus (University of California, Riverside, USA)
- Frédéric Marin (Université de Bourgogne, France)
- Boaz Pokroy (Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Israel)
- Atsushi Suzuki (Geological Survey of Japan, AIST, Japan)
- Osamu Suzuki (Tohoku University, Japan)
- Steve Weiner (Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel)